The judicial custody of journalist Syed Mohammad Ahmed Kazmi, chargesheeted in the Israeli diplomat attack case, was extended on Friday till August 9, the day slated by the court to consider taking cognisance of the chargesheet.
Delhi Union of Journalists President Sujata Madhok, S K Pandey, general secretary, and other members have welcomed the Supreme Court order granting bail to Syed Mohammad Ahmed Kazmi who has been behind bars since March in the Israeli diplomat car attack case.
The Supreme Court on Friday granted bail to Syed Mohammad Ahmed Kazmi, who has been behind bars since March 6, in the Israeli diplomat car attack case. A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir granted bail and directed him to deposit his passport before the concerned authority.
The conspiracy to bomb the Israeli diplomat's car in New Delhi was hatched in early 2011 when two Iranian nationals came to India to conduct recce of the embassy besides monitoring the entry and exit timing of diplomats, official sources said in New Delhi on Thursday.
Proceedings related to terror masterminds Yasin Bhatkal and Abdul Karim Tunda in 2013 hogged the limelight in Delhi courts, which brought down the curtains in the Batla House encounter case by giving life term to a suspected terrorist of the Indian Mujahideen module.
Sindh CM Syed Qaim Ali Shah said that emergency had been declared in all the government hospitals of Karachi.